It’s exciting to design and build a new house, but you want to make an informed choice when selecting a builder for your Northern Kentucky custom home. As you compare potential home builders, here are some questions to ask each of them:
- How many years have you been in business and how many custom homes in Northern Kentucky have you built?
- How is your company different from other builders in this area?
- Can you help me choose a lot at Rivers Pointe Estates or assess the lot I’ve already reserved?
- Can I see a home you’ve built recently or talk to previous clients for reference?
- How does the design process work with your company?
- Who will be in charge of the construction of my new home?
- What do you expect from me as a client before and during construction?
- How long will it take to build my custom home in Rivers Pointe Estates?
- How is the final cost of my home project determined?
- What’s the most important thing for me to know about your company and the homes you build?
Your Wish List
Knowing what’s on your “must have” and “would be nice” lists for your home will also help when you’re talking to builders. Each builder you interview will want to understand the size of home you want to build, what your budget is and what style or type of home you prefer.
While you may feel hesitant about sharing your budget, keep in mind that not being upfront will make it difficult for a builder to provide you with the most value for your money. Having a set budget also makes it easier to design your Northern Kentucky custom home and saves time when it comes to choosing fixtures and finishes. If you’re not sure about what your budget should be, you can discuss the topic with a mortgage lender or your financial advisor.
Ready to Talk About a Northern Kentucky Custom Home?
We’d love to answer any questions you have about building a custom home at Rivers Pointe Estates. Contact us today to discuss your vision for a new home.